1944 - 1963 (19 years)
||Alan Glade Seeley |
||3 Jan 1944
||Payson, Utah County, Utah
- Date/location are from memorial on Find-a-Grave; headstone; Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index
||7 Jul 1963
||Salem, Utah County, Utah 
- Published 8 Jul 1963, Monday on Page 1 in The Daily Herald, Provo, Utah
In Attempt to Swim Across Salem Lake; Body Recovered Salem Lake claimed its first victim in its history as a recreation center Sunday night when Alan Glade Seeley, 19, of 774 N. 300 W., Spanish Fork, drowned while attempting to swim across it. The youth, son of Mrs. Lyda Seeley, was swimming with two companions, Sidney B. Hayward, 19, and Fred Finch, 19, both of Spanish Fork, from the south side of the lake to the north side. His two companions made the north shore safely but the victim went down in the middle of the lake in about 15 feet of water. the accident happened about 8:30 p.m. Fred Finch went back onto the lake in a rowboat to look for the victim and when he failed to spot him, called back to shore. Bill Johnson of the Salem police was summoned. By 9:00 p.m., Salem firemen, Deputy Sheriff Clark Nelson, and other volunteers in six rowboats began probing the lake bottom with fire department probe poles and grappling hooks from the Utah county sheriff's office. The body was found at 10:40 p.m. with Stanley Cole and Roy Despain recovering it from the water. A resuscitator was used and mouth to mouth breathing was attempted in tries to revive the youth. The youth was pronounced dead by a physician at Payson Hospital. He was born Jan 3, 1944, at Payson, the son of William Percel and Lyda Spencer Seeley. He received his education in Spanish Fork schools and was graduated from Spanish Fork High School. He was a member of Battery C, Second Hwtz. Battalion, 145th Artillery, Utah National Guard. He was a member of the LDS Church. He is survived by his mother of Spanish Fork; three brothers, Lon Seeley, Spanish Fork; Bert Seeley, Salem; Arthur Seeley, in the Armed Forces at Ft. Sill, Okla; one grandmother, Mrs. Roxie Gull, Spanish Fork; one step-father, Dave Gull, Spanish Fork. Funeral services will be held Thursday at 1 p.m. in the Spanish Forth Sixth Ward Chapel with Bishop Merrill Clark officiating. Friends may call at Our chapel of Memories Mortuary in Spanish fork Wednesday from 7 to 9 p.m. and Thursday prior to services. Interment will be in the Spanish Fork City Cemetery.
- Drowned at Salem Lake; Date/location are from Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index
||Aft 7 Jul 1963
||Spanish Fork, Utah County, Utah [2, 3]
- Spanish Fork City Cemetery; 18.11A .02
||Alan Glade Seeley
Headstone - No photo available at this time
Plot: 18.11A .02
||Curbow Montoya Family
||2 Apr 2016 |
||William Percel Seeley, b. 9 May 1909, Indianola, Sanpete County, Utah , d. 28 Dec 1960, Provo, Utah County, Utah (Age 51 years) |
||Lida Laverda Spencer, b. 20 Jun 1910, Payson, Utah County, Utah , d. 16 Jan 1968, Utah County, Utah (Age 57 years) |
||Group Sheet | Family Chart
- [S4273286762] Web: Utah County.
Alan Glade Seeley; published 18 Jul 1963; Utah County, Utah
- [S9] U.S., Find A Grave Index, 1600s - Current.
- [S2624684266] Utah County, Utah Cemetery Index, Utah Valley Regional Family History Center, (Online publication - Provo, UT, USA: The Generations Network, Inc., 1998.Original data - Utah Valley Regional Family History Center. Utah County (UT) Cemetery Index. Provo, UT, USA: Utah Valley Regional Family History Center, 1997.Original data: Utah Valle).
Alan Glad Seeley; born 3 Jan 1944; died 7 Jul 1963; Cemetery: Spfork